We are a passionate, talented, and hard-working team dedicated to building strong relationships with our clients and partnering with them to provide the best solutions for their needs. New team members are expected to bring a professional, friendly and helpful manner to every client interaction. Candidates must be disciplined individuals committed to teamwork, have the ability to be self-directed with strong decision making skills and ensure an exceptional experience for our customers.
Are you interested in being a part of our fun, fast-paced team? Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify the position you are applying for.
Oregon General Journeyman Electrician
OVERVIEW: Hollywood Lights, Inc. is seeking a Licensed General Journeyman Electrician in our Portland OR location. We have a small team of journeyman and apprentices serving a large cross section of industries. Our electrical team is seeking a general journeyman with residential and service experienceA successful candidate will be hard working, courteous, positive, a good decision maker and an excellent team member.Position is Full Time.
JOB SUMMARY: Hardworking hands-on electrician with residential and service experience. Position will work with and under the supervision of Signing Supervising Electrician. Projects will include primarily residential service work and occasional support of our temporary event electrical and commercial lighting and electrical divisions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent REQUIRED
- 1 year Residential and/or service electrical experience REQUIRED
- Commercial experience is beneficial
- Oregon State General Journeyman electrical license REQUIRED
- Washington State General Journeyman electrical license PREFERRED
- A valid driver’s license and insurable driving record REQUIRED
- Must be knowledgeable in electrical code and relevant state and federal regulations
- Diagnostic and mechanical skills a must
- Both indoors and outdoors in all weather
- occasionally work environment is noisy and / or haze filled
QUALITIES: We have high expectations of our employees, including:
- Integrity and Honesty. The willingness to do things the right way (regardless of how many easy ways there may be) and be accountable for the results.
- Positive attitude and team orientation. The ability to work as part of a team and demonstrate leadership. The flexibility to adapt to changes in schedules, duties and working environment.
- Always on time and ready to work. Arrive early, rested, healthy, appropriately dressed and groomed, with appropriate outerwear, tools and supplies.
- Attention to detail. A focus on accomplishing the work in a safe, efficient manner, adhering to the highest standards of workmanship.
- Willingness to learn. An open mind, a desire for more knowledge, skills and new challenges.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to use hand and power tools normally associated with electrical work.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluently in English.
- Must be able to see and focus clearly up close as well as short distances.
- Must be able to perceive differences in wire and cable color.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Candidates must pass pre-employment drug screen and background checkCandidates provides own hand tools and basic multi-meterPlease reply with resume and cover letter. Resume should include current license numbers for all licenses held.
Travel: Occasional local and regional travel required.SALARY & SCHEDULE:
Compensation: is hourly based on experience
Full-time: typically, Monday thru Friday 8-5 with occasional, evenings and weekends.
Paid medical, dental & life insurance for Employee
Paid Time Off
Family Health Care, Aflac and Dental plans available