We are a passionate, talented, and hard-working team dedicated to building strong relationships with our clients and partnering with them to provide the best solutions for their needs. New team members are expected to bring a professional, friendly and helpful manner to every client interaction. Candidates must be disciplined individuals committed to teamwork, have the ability to be self-directed with strong decision making skills and ensure an exceptional experience for our customers.
Are you interested in being a part of our fun, fast-paced team? Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify the position you are applying for.
Seasonal Holiday Lighting Technician
We are looking for a Holiday Lighting Technician to join the Electrical Services department at our Kent, Washington location. Are you ready for a great opportunity to do some amazing Holiday Lighting Installs? Hollywood Lights does some of the best displays for commercial & residential customers in the Seattle Metro Area. Help us do a great job for our customers this year and be part of our amazing team. Seasonal workers are often kept on to our full-time year- round team!
We work a varied and changing schedule, including days, nights, weekends and some long shifts. We work indoors and outdoors, in all kinds of weather. The work is very physical and the equipment is heavy and not always clean. We use ladders, boom lifts, forklifts, scissor lifts and drive large vehicles.
Position Summary: Holiday Lighting Technician installs, maintains and removes holiday lighting and decorations. This position is demanding physically and mentally, requiring high levels of self-motivation, creativity and personal integrity to maintain superior quality and professionalism at all times.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Install, maintain and remove holiday lighting and decorations
• Tasks requiring physical strength, stamina and agility as well as full use of limbs, digits and senses
• Cleaning, sorting, pulling, prepping, testing and maintaining gear in warehouse which can be hot / cold depending on weather
• Loading and unloading and driving company vehicles/trucks.
• Installing/removing equipment at events
• Installing, maintaining and removing holiday lights by hand in trees and on building rooflines. From the ground, lights are installed using 12’ ladders and mechanical lifts reaching up to 80’
• Work is performed indoors/outdoors 24/7 in all weather conditions including rain/shine/snow
• Hardworking with ability to be on feet all day
• Ability to work in all weather
• Comfort with working ladders & rooflines
• Positive Attitude
• Desire to work a busy schedule with OT
• Previous Install experience not required
• Season is generally October 1st to March 1st
On the job training provided
Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
• Must possess technical, problem solving and communication skills necessary in a dynamic, high pressure show environment.
• Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
• Knowledge and exercise of safe working practices.
• Calm, helpful demeanor with ability to listen and collaborate with team members, supervisors & managers.
• Attention to detail, focus, problem-solving, diplomacy and discretion for working in fast paced environment
• Keen eye for detail and critical mind with the ability and willingness to work quickly and creatively as part of a team.
• Provide and use personally owned cold/wet weather gear, gloves, eye protection, snips/cutters
• Exemplary work ethic for performance that is consistently punctual, dependable, energetic
• Forklift operator certification
• Knowledge of manual personnel and equipment lifts, ladders, harnesses and safety equipment.
• Valid commercial driver’s license
• Full use of hands, arms and legs to reach and operate equipment.
• Able to move equipment which would include pushing, pulling, bending and lifting.
• Able to stand, sit and/or walk for up to eight (8) hours with good physical stamina and agility.
• Able to regularly lift up to seventy-five (75) pounds.
• Able to work comfortably at heights using personnel lifts, ladders, truss ladders or catwalks.
• Must have good vision, including: close, distance, color, peripheral, depth and focus.
Seasonal Part-time: hours and shifts vary, some pre-approved overtime
Job Type: Temporary
Oregon General Journeyman Electrician
OVERVIEW: Hollywood Lights, Inc. is seeking a Licensed General Journeyman Electrician in our Portland OR location. We have a small team of journeyman and apprentices serving a large cross section of industries. Our electrical team is seeking a general journeyman with residential and service experienceA successful candidate will be hard working, courteous, positive, a good decision maker and an excellent team member.Position is Full Time.
JOB SUMMARY: Hardworking hands-on electrician with residential and service experience. Position will work with and under the supervision of Signing Supervising Electrician. Projects will include primarily residential service work and occasional support of our temporary event electrical and commercial lighting and electrical divisions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent REQUIRED
- 1 year Residential and/or service electrical experience REQUIRED
- Commercial experience is beneficial
- Oregon State General Journeyman electrical license REQUIRED
- Washington State General Journeyman electrical license PREFERRED
- A valid driver’s license and insurable driving record REQUIRED
- Must be knowledgeable in electrical code and relevant state and federal regulations
- Diagnostic and mechanical skills a must
- Both indoors and outdoors in all weather
- occasionally work environment is noisy and / or haze filled
QUALITIES: We have high expectations of our employees, including:
- Integrity and Honesty. The willingness to do things the right way (regardless of how many easy ways there may be) and be accountable for the results.
- Positive attitude and team orientation. The ability to work as part of a team and demonstrate leadership. The flexibility to adapt to changes in schedules, duties and working environment.
- Always on time and ready to work. Arrive early, rested, healthy, appropriately dressed and groomed, with appropriate outerwear, tools and supplies.
- Attention to detail. A focus on accomplishing the work in a safe, efficient manner, adhering to the highest standards of workmanship.
- Willingness to learn. An open mind, a desire for more knowledge, skills and new challenges.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to use hand and power tools normally associated with electrical work.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluently in English.
- Must be able to see and focus clearly up close as well as short distances.
- Must be able to perceive differences in wire and cable color.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Candidates must pass pre-employment drug screen and background checkCandidates provides own hand tools and basic multi-meterPlease reply with resume and cover letter. Resume should include current license numbers for all licenses held.
Travel: Occasional local and regional travel required.SALARY & SCHEDULE:
Compensation: is hourly based on experience
Full-time: typically, Monday thru Friday 8-5 with occasional, evenings and weekends.
Paid medical, dental & life insurance for Employee
Paid Time Off
Family Health Care, Aflac and Dental plans available