Hollywood Lights, Inc. was founded in 1948 by Don Cameron and George T. Howard to provide theatrical lighting rentals and searchlight advertising in the Portland area. Willis Holland later joined the company as a partner in 1951. Mr. Howard left the company in 1953 to establish a theatre consulting firm. One of his most notable projects was the MGM Grand Hotel in Reno, Nevada.
Mr. Holland left the company in 1957 and continued to work as a stagehand until his retirement in 1980. He was the houseman for more than 20 years at the Paramount Theatre, which has since been restored and renamed the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall.
Tom Neal joined Hollywood Lights in 1969. Mr. Neal holds a B.S. in Electrical Engineering from Oregon State University. Mr. Neal worked at Boeing in Seattle for 12 years as a research and development engineer on the Bomarc, Minuteman, DynaSoar and Saturn Programs. While at Boeing, he started his own lighting company, offering rentals and lighting shows in the Seattle area. Prior to joining Boeing, Mr. Neal worked his way through college as a stagehand in Portland.
Richard Fuller started at Hollywood Lights in the rental department in 1973. Mr. Cameron decided to retire in 1978 and Mr. Fuller bought into the business, becoming a partner. In 1989, Mr. Neal retired, selling his share of the company to Mr. Fuller.